v 3.4.8 19.01.22
- Beautifully animated reactions.
- Support for snap layouts on Windows 11.
- Bug fixes and two bowls of miso soup.
v 3.4 31.12.21
- Hover over any message to show the reaction button.
- Click the button for a quick reaction – or hover over it for the full range of emoji.
- Group and Channel admins can enable reactions in their chat via '…' menu > Manage > Reactions.
- Select text when typing and choose 'Formatting > Spoiler' in the context menu to hide some or all of the contents of a message.
- Click on the spoiler animation in chat to reveal its hidden text.
- Spoiler formatting hides text in chat, as well as in the chat list and notifications.
v 3.3 07.12.21
- Content creators can restrict the ability to save media and forward messages from their groups and channels.
- Clear messages in one-on-one chats from a specific day or date range.
- Comment as one of your channels in public groups and channel comments.
- When you request to join a community and its admin or bot-admin contacts you with a message, you will see which chat they are from at the top of the chat.
- Bot-admins can now ask users to complete tasks before they are allowed to join - like accepting community rules, passing a test, or making a donation to the content creators.
v 3.2 03.11.21
- Create special invite links that require admins to approve users before they become members.
- Admins can view the applicants' profiles and bios by tapping the Join Requests bar at the top of the chat.
- Add internal labels to your chat's Invite Links to keep them organized.
- More Interactive Emoji - , , , , or
v 3.1 19.09.21
- Some animated emoji now have extra effects.
- Send , . . . or to any private chat, then click on the animated emoji to launch the effect.
- If your chat partner also has the chat open, you will both see the effects.
- See the “Watching” status when your chat partner is enjoying emoji effects with you.
- More interactive emoji coming soon.
- Right click one of your outgoing messages in small groups to see who recently viewed it.
- To protect privacy, read receipts are only stored for 7 days after the message was sent.
- Record video and audio from live broadcasts in your group or channel.
- Admins can start recording from the '…' menu.
- Choose between recording in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Finished recordings are sent to the admin's Saved Messages and can be easily shared.
v 3.0 31.08.21
- Broadcast video and share your screen to an unlimited number of viewers.
- To begin, click on the Live Stream button in the title bar of a community where you are an admin.
- Click on the “Forward Message” label above the input field to change how messages will be sent.
- Hide or show the original sender's name.
- Remove or keep captions from media messages.
- See how many unread comments there are when opening a channel's comments.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Windows x64 Setup
Windows x64 Portable
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Linux 64 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later, macOS 10.12 and later and 64 bit Linux. But there are old versions available:
v2.4.4 Setup for OS X 10.10 and 10.11
v2.4.4 for Linux 32 bit
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9