v 2.7.2 26.04.21
- Offer real goods and services for sale in any group, channel or bot – Telegram doesn't charge a commission.
- Pay for goods securely using one of the 8 integrated payment providers – Telegram doesn't collect your payment info.
- See how this works in our @TestStore.
- Schedule voice chats to let participants know about them in advance.
- View a countdown to the voice chat and get notified when it starts.
- Try two new, fully-featured versions of Telegram Web – both supporting animated stickers, dark mode, chat folders and more: WebK and WebZ.
v 2.7 19.03.21
- Start limitless Voice Chats in Groups and Channels.
- Host discussions that can be listened to by millions of people simultaneously.
- Record voice chats to share or publish in Channels later.
- See that a chat is being recorded from the red dot next to its title.
- See user bio texts right from the list of participants.
- Raise your hand to show admins you want to speak.
- Create separate Voice Chat Invite Links for listeners or speakers.
- Change the title of your Voice Chat to give people an idea of the current topic.
- Join Voice Chats as one of your Channels to hide your personal account.
v 2.6 23.02.21
- Set messages to auto-delete for everyone 24 hours or 7 days after sending.
- Control auto-delete settings in any of your chats, as well as in groups and channels where you are an admin.
- To enable auto-delete, right click on the chat in the chat list > Clear History > Enable Auto-Delete.
- Create invite links that work for a limited time or a limited number of uses.
- See which users joined using your, or your admins', invite links.
- Turn any invite link into a QR code users can scan with their phone cameras.
- To manage invite links, click … > Manage Group/Channel > Invite Links.
- Convert groups that have reached 200,000 members into unlimited Broadcast Groups.
v 2.5.9 17.02.21
- Add 'Invite via Link' button to Add Members box.
- Fix window size in Windows 10 Tablet Mode.
- Fix layout of round video messages in channels.
v 2.5.7 28.01.21
- Delete not only messages, but also groups you created and call history for all sides, without a trace.
- Adjust volume for individual participants of a voice chat.
- Report fake groups or channels impersonating famous people or organizations by opening their Profile > … > Report.
v 2.5 23.12.20
- Turn any of your group chats into a hop-on, hop-off conference call.
- Get up to several thousand participants in each voice chat.
- Control the number of speakers with flexible admin tools.
v 2.4.5 30.10.20
- Pin several messages in any chat, including one-on-one chats.
- Jump between pinned messages or open them all on a separate page via the top bar.
- Send several music tracks as a playlist.
- Send several files as an album in one chat bubble.
- Send a emoji to any chat to see if you hit the jackpot.
- Hide Telegram taskbar icon on Linux in Settings > Advanced.
v 2.4 30.09.20
- Turn on “Remain Anonymous” in an admin's Permissions to let them post on behalf of the group and become invisible in the list of members.
- Comment on posts in channels that have a discussion group.
- Get notified about replies to your comments via the new Replies chat (if you are not a member of the discussion group).
v 2.3 14.08.20
- Video Calls (alpha version).
v 2.2 26.07.20
- Quickly switch between different Telegram accounts if you use multiple phone numbers.
- Share and store unlimited files of any type, now up to 2'000 MB each.
- Edit your scheduled messages.
- Use Auto-Night Mode to make Telegram night mode match the system Dark Mode settings.
- Also added an option to switch to system window frame in Windows and Linux.
v 2.1.12 17.06.20
- Fix sticker and video results in inline bots.
- Fix clipboard issues in Linux.
- Fix several crashes.
v 2.1.10 05.06.20
- Improve memory usage.
- Add support for full group message history export.
- Allow export of a single chat message history in JSON format.
v 2.1.5 13.05.20
- Disable the Taskbar icon flash or the Dock icon bounce in Settings > Notifications.
- View messages containing long monospace texts in wide bubbles.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 2.1.3 08.05.20
- Added support for new emoji (Emoji 12.1).
- Channels to which you can't post will no longer be suggested when forwarding.
- Improved font selection and bold font support for CJK and Farsi.
v 2.1 24.04.20
- Access a catalog of over 20,000 stickers made by professional artists from the updated Sticker Panel by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- Use sticker search to find the stickers you're looking for – or scroll from the latest packs all the way to the classics.
- Add explanations that appear after users respond to a quiz question.
- See how much time you have left to answer a question from @QuizBot with the new countdown animation.
- Send a single dart emoji to see if you hit the bullseye.
v 2.0 30.03.20
- Organize chats into Chat Folders if you have too many chats.
- Create custom folders with flexible settings, or use default recommendations.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in each folder.
- Switch between folders in the new side bar to easily access all of your chats.
- Send to any chat to try your luck and get a random number from the animated dice.
- Send , , , , , , or to try out the new animated emoji.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Windows x64 Setup
Windows x64 Portable
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Linux 64 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later, macOS 10.12 and later and 64 bit Linux. But there are old versions available:
v2.4.4 Setup for OS X 10.10 and 10.11
v2.4.4 for Linux 32 bit
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9