v 2.1.12 17.06.20
- Fix sticker and video results in inline bots.
- Fix clipboard issues in Linux.
- Fix several crashes.
v 2.1.10 05.06.20
- Improve memory usage.
- Add support for full group message history export.
- Allow export of a single chat message history in JSON format.
v 2.1.5 13.05.20
- Disable the Taskbar icon flash or the Dock icon bounce in Settings > Notifications.
- View messages containing long monospace texts in wide bubbles.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 2.1.3 08.05.20
- Added support for new emoji (Emoji 12.1).
- Channels to which you can't post will no longer be suggested when forwarding.
- Improved font selection and bold font support for CJK and Farsi.
v 2.1 24.04.20
- Access a catalog of over 20,000 stickers made by professional artists from the updated Sticker Panel by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- Use sticker search to find the stickers you're looking for – or scroll from the latest packs all the way to the classics.
- Add explanations that appear after users respond to a quiz question.
- See how much time you have left to answer a question from @QuizBot with the new countdown animation.
- Send a single dart emoji to see if you hit the bullseye.
v 2.0 30.03.20
- Organize chats into Chat Folders if you have too many chats.
- Create custom folders with flexible settings, or use default recommendations.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in each folder.
- Switch between folders in the new side bar to easily access all of your chats.
- Send to any chat to try your luck and get a random number from the animated dice.
- Send , , , , , , or to try out the new animated emoji.
v 1.9.21 17.03.20
- Mark new messages as read while scrolling down through them.
- Improved spellchecking on Windows 7 and Linux.
v 1.9.12 11.02.20
- Switch to Picture-in-Picture mode to watch your video in a small window while doing something else.
- Change playback speed in the '…' menu when watching videos.
- Rotate photos and videos in the media viewer using the rotate button in the bottom right corner.
v 1.9.7 23.01.20
- Create three new kinds of polls.
- See who voted for what in polls with visible votes.
- Vote for several options in polls that allow multiple answers.
- Guess the correct answer in quiz-style polls.
- Explore various ways of combining the different poll options.
- Add polls from the '…' menu in any group or channel.
- Use bots like @QuizBot to create quizzes with several questions and media attachments.
- Schedule messages to be sent when your recipient comes online (only works if you know their online status).
v 1.9.3 31.12.19
- Videos in chats start playing automatically.
- Resume playback from where you left off when watching long videos and listening to long audio tracks.
- Control automatic playback for videos, GIFs and round video messages in Settings > Advanced > Automatic media download.
- Enjoy system spell checker support on all modern systems.
v 1.8.15 07.10.19
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 1.8.8 10.09.19
- Сreate new themes based on your color and wallpaper choices.
- Share your themes with other users via links.
- Update your theme for all its users when you change something.
v 1.8.3 05.09.19
- Right click the 'Send' button and select 'Schedule Message' to automatically send something at a specified time.
- Schedule reminders for yourself in the 'Saved Messages' chat.
- Get a notification when any of your scheduled messages are sent.
- Customize your app's appearance by choosing accent colors for the 'Day', 'Night' and 'Tinted' themes.
- Choose who can find you on Telegram when they add your number to their phone contacts.
- Send a single , , , , or to check out what's new in the animated emoji department.
v 1.8 09.08.19
- Right click the Send button to send any message without sound – in case the recipient is sleeping.
- Enable Slow Mode in Group Permissions to control how frequently members can post.
- Set custom titles for group admins – like 'Founder', 'CFO' or 'Spam Fighter'.
- Toggle looped playback for animated stickers in Chat Settings.
- Send a single , , , or to add a mighty animated emoji to the chat.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 Setup
Linux 64 bit
Linux 32 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later and OS X 10.10 and later. But there are old versions available:
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9