v 1.5.3 23.12.18
- Create polls in groups and channels - right from the chat menu.
v 1.5 10.12.18
- Support for custom languages. Crowdsource a cloud-based language pack for Telegram in any language using our Translations platform - then apply it in real time.
- Interface scaling for large screens, up to 300% (up to 150% for macOS retina screens).
- ‘Count unread messages’ setting for the Badge counter in Settings > Notifications. Disable to show number of unread chats.
- Video messages displayed in shared media (under voice messages).
- Updated emoji. Farewell to question marks!
Also in this update:
- Listen to voice and video messages in 2X mode if you're in a hurry.
- Add a comment when sharing posts from channels.
- View all photos and videos in Twitter and Instagram link previews.
- Add emoji to media captions.
v 1.4 28.09.18
- Fully redesigned Settings section.
- New theme selector in Chat Settings.
- New local storage settings: Control how much disk space is used by the cache and for how long the cached files are stored.
- Improved local caching for images and GIF animations.
- New settings: Peer-to-Peer settings for calls, disable animations for low performance computers.
- Various other improvements.
v 1.3.13 27.08.18
- Export data from individual chats using the ‘…’ menu.
- Added a new night theme.
- You can now assign custom themes as night and day themes to quickly switch between them.
- Support for Telegram Passport 1.1 and improved password hashing algorithm to better protect Telegram Passport data.
v 1.3.10 13.07.18
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 1.3.9 28.06.18
- Mark chats in the chat list as Read or Unread.
- Improved censorship circumvention.
v 1.3 01.06.18
- Improved censorship circumvention.
- Improved stability when working through proxy servers.
- Save several proxy servers to quickly switch between them in Settings.
- Use proxy for calls.
- Emoji and text replacement now happens immediately after typing (instead of after sending) and can be rolled back using Backspace or CTRL/CMD + Z. Replacement no longer happens when pasting text.
Added formatting shortcuts. Select text and use:
- CTRL/CMD + B/I for bold and italic
- CTRL/CMD + K to create or edit a custom link
- CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + M for monospace font
- CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + N to clear formatting
v 1.2.14 21.03.18
- Discover new stickers. Type one emoji to see suggestions from popular sticker sets. Suggestions from your installed sticker sets will come first.
- Search for Stickers. Click on the new search icon to access your sticker sets or find new ones.
- Quick Reply. Double click near a message for a quick reply.
v 1.2.6 30.12.17
- Grouped Photos. Group media into an album when sharing multiple photos and videos. Choose the exact order of media you send.
v 1.2 10.12.17
- Radically improved navigation. New side panel on the right with quick access to shared media and group members.
- Saved Messages. Bookmark messages by forwarding them to “Saved Messages”. Access them from the Chats list or from the side menu.
- Pinned Messages. If you are a channel admin, pin messages to focus your subscribers’ attention on important announcements.
- Easily recognize messages from group admins by the new ‘admin’ badge.
- Also supported clearing history in supergroups and added a host of minor improvements.
v 1.1.20 03.09.17
- Groups with unread mentions and replies are now marked with an ‘@’ badge in the chats list.
- Navigate new mentions and replies in a group using the new ‘@’ button.
- Mark your stickers as “favorite” to quickly access them from the redesigned sticker panel.
- Add an official sticker set for your group which all members will be able to use while chatting in your group (100+ member groups only).
v 1.1.15 23.07.17
- Send **bold** and __italic__ text in your messages.
- Get a share link for posts in public supergroups.
- Quickly share posts from channels and media messages from bots.
- Search large supergroup members by name.
- Search channel members by name for admins.
- Use search in the service actions log.
- Ban supergroup members via the right click menu in the service actions log.
v 1.1.9 30.06.17
- Supergroups can now have up to 10.000 members.
- Appoint supergroup admins with granular rights. Choose who can add users, manage messages, block members, edit group info & username, add new admins, etc.
- Restrict and ban supergroup members with granular precision. Read-only bans, GIF & sticker bans, media bans, temporary bans and restrictions.
- Check the new event log to see all service actions taken by members and admins of a channel or supergroup in the last 48 hours.
- Toggle night mode in the main menu.
v 1.1 17.05.17
- Telegram Calls are now available on desktops: secure, crystal-clear, constantly improved by artificial intelligence.
- The new Emoji, Stickers, and Saved GIFs panel becomes a separate space on the right when Telegram is running in a wide enough window.
- Manage blocked users list in your supergroups.
- Chat admins can delete messages by other members.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Mac OS X 10.8+ Setup
Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 Setup
Linux 64 bit
Linux 32 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Your feedback is welcome on Twitter