v 1.9.12 11.02.20
- Switch to Picture-in-Picture mode to watch your video in a small window while doing something else.
- Change playback speed in the ‘…’ menu when watching videos.
- Rotate photos and videos in the media viewer using the rotate button in the bottom right corner.
v 1.9.7 23.01.20
- Create three new kinds of polls.
- See who voted for what in polls with visible votes.
- Vote for several options in polls that allow multiple answers.
- Guess the correct answer in quiz-style polls.
- Explore various ways of combining the different poll options.
- Add polls from the ‘…’ menu in any group or channel.
- Use bots like @QuizBot to create quizzes with several questions and media attachments.
- Schedule messages to be sent when your recipient comes online (only works if you know their online status).
v 1.9.3 31.12.19
- Videos in chats start playing automatically.
- Resume playback from where you left off when watching long videos and listening to long audio tracks.
- Control automatic playback for videos, GIFs and round video messages in Settings > Advanced > Automatic media download.
- Enjoy system spell checker support on all modern systems.
v 1.8.15 07.10.19
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 1.8.8 10.09.19
- Сreate new themes based on your color and wallpaper choices.
- Share your themes with other users via links.
- Update your theme for all its users when you change something.
v 1.8.3 05.09.19
- Right click the ‘Send’ button and select ‘Schedule Message’ to automatically send something at a specified time.
- Schedule reminders for yourself in the ‘Saved Messages’ chat.
- Get a notification when any of your scheduled messages are sent.
- Customize your app‘s appearance by choosing accent colors for the ’Day‘, ’Night‘ and ’Tinted' themes.
- Choose who can find you on Telegram when they add your number to their phone contacts.
- Send a single , , , , or to check out what's new in the animated emoji department.
v 1.8 09.08.19
- Right click the Send button to send any message without sound – in case the recipient is sleeping.
- Enable Slow Mode in Group Permissions to control how frequently members can post.
- Set custom titles for group admins – like ‘Founder’, ‘CFO’ or ‘Spam Fighter’.
- Toggle looped playback for animated stickers in Chat Settings.
- Send a single , , , or to add a mighty animated emoji to the chat.
v 1.7.13 06.07.19
- Send ultra-lightweight high-quality animated stickers to express emotion with motion.
- Receive animated stickers instantly on any connection at just 20-30 KB per sticker.
- Enjoy smooth animations at 60 frames per second.
- Create new animated sets and upload them to @stickers for everybody to use.
- Try out these sample stickers: t.me/addstickers/hotcherry
- Use strikethrough and underline formatting.
v 1.7.9 23.06.19
- You can now add any users to your contacts, even if their phone numbers are not visible.
- Transfer ownership of group chats and channels by granting full rights to another admin. Useful when switching jobs or if you just want to retire as creator.
- Hide archived chats to the main menu.
- See who is online straight from the chat list.
- Use the MacBook Pro TouchBar to apply formatting to selected text, insert emoji, and send stickers.
v 1.7.2 31.05.19
- Choose who can see your phone number with granular precision in Privacy & Security settings.
- Add group chats to “Always/Never Share” exceptions for any privacy setting. Permissions will update as users leave and join the groups.
- Connect a discussion group to your channel, subscribers will see a “Discuss” button.
- Integrate bots seamlessly with web services. For example, see t.me/DiscussThis/2
- Use TouchBar on MacBooks Pro to control music playback and switch between pinned chats.
v 1.7 09.05.19
- Archive any chat from the right-click menu.
- Chats with enabled notifications will pop out of the archive when a notification arrives.
- Muted chats will stay in the archive.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in your archive.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 Setup
Linux 64 bit
Linux 32 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later and OS X 10.10 and later. But there are old versions available:
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9