v 3.7 16.04.22
- Use any short music file or voice message as a notification sound.
- Right click audio files in chats to add them to your list of sounds - or use 'Upload Sound' in the Notifications menu.
- Click on Mute notifications > Select sound in a chat's (…) menu to change its notification sound.
- Set custom tones for notifications in Settings > Notifications > Play sound.
- Click on Mute notifications in a chat's (…) menu to manage its notifications.
- Choose 'Mute for…' to turn off notifications for a preset period, like 1 hour or 1 day.
- Quickly configure Auto-Delete settings from any chat info page.
- Click (…) to turn on Auto-Delete, then select a specific duration.
- Replies are now preserved when forwarding messages, making forwarded conversations easier to read.
- Bots can now open detailed pages directly in the chat.
- Use these streamlined interfaces to buy real-world goods and services without leaving the app.
- Open a bot's profile to add it to your group or channel.
- Instantly configure a bot's rights and permissions when adding it.
- Bots can send a new type of button that lets you add them to your group or channel.
v 3.6.1 16.03.22
- Change volume for RTMP stream from the context menu.
- Set a profile photo from your camera.
- Improve RTMP stream full screen mode.
- Improve edit account section design.
- Fix switching personal account or channel in video chats.
- Fix pinning chats in folders with 100 chats.
- Fix YouTube timestamp links after 10 hours.
v 3.6 11.03.22
- Active and recently finished downloads pop up in bar in the bottom left corner, like they do in browsers.
- View recently downloaded files in Settings > Advanced > Downloads.
- Get an alert before closing the app if you have unfinished downloads.
- Share a direct t.me link to your phone number that instantly opens a chat with you.
- Use the full number in international format, like t.me/+123456789
- Manage Live Streams in your channels using external software like OBS Studio or XSplit Broadcaster.
- Choose “Stream With…” when staring a video chat or live stream - then copy your Stream Key and paste it into your streaming software.
v 3.5.2 08.02.22
- Fix a freeze in audio playback on Linux.
- Fix a crash in screen sharing initialization on Linux.
v 3.5.1 04.02.22
- Keep the screen on while watching a video or participating in a video chat.
- Save experimental settings between relaunches.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 3.5 31.01.22
- Use a new type of detailed stickers with smooth animations.
- Create new sets by sending .webm videos to @stickers.
- Bring your custom animated stickers from other apps.
- See smaller, compact animations when reacting to messages.
- See real-time animations in chat when a user reacts to your message.
- React with additional emoji expressing love, appreciation, anger or surprise.
- Tap the new button in chats to jump to your messages that have unseen reactions.
- Watch the animations for unseen reactions play when you hit the button.
- The app will warn you before closing if you are uploading photos or files to a chat.
- Enjoy better screencast quality in video chats.
v 3.4.8 19.01.22
- Beautifully animated reactions.
- Support for snap layouts on Windows 11.
- Bug fixes and two bowls of miso soup.
v 3.4 31.12.21
- Hover over any message to show the reaction button.
- Click the button for a quick reaction – or hover over it for the full range of emoji.
- Group and Channel admins can enable reactions in their chat via '…' menu > Manage > Reactions.
- Select text when typing and choose 'Formatting > Spoiler' in the context menu to hide some or all of the contents of a message.
- Click on the spoiler animation in chat to reveal its hidden text.
- Spoiler formatting hides text in chat, as well as in the chat list and notifications.
v 3.3 07.12.21
- Content creators can restrict the ability to save media and forward messages from their groups and channels.
- Clear messages in one-on-one chats from a specific day or date range.
- Comment as one of your channels in public groups and channel comments.
- When you request to join a community and its admin or bot-admin contacts you with a message, you will see which chat they are from at the top of the chat.
- Bot-admins can now ask users to complete tasks before they are allowed to join - like accepting community rules, passing a test, or making a donation to the content creators.
v 3.2 03.11.21
- Create special invite links that require admins to approve users before they become members.
- Admins can view the applicants' profiles and bios by tapping the Join Requests bar at the top of the chat.
- Add internal labels to your chat's Invite Links to keep them organized.
- More Interactive Emoji - , , , , or
v 3.1 19.09.21
- Some animated emoji now have extra effects.
- Send , . . . or to any private chat, then click on the animated emoji to launch the effect.
- If your chat partner also has the chat open, you will both see the effects.
- See the “Watching” status when your chat partner is enjoying emoji effects with you.
- More interactive emoji coming soon.
- Right click one of your outgoing messages in small groups to see who recently viewed it.
- To protect privacy, read receipts are only stored for 7 days after the message was sent.
- Record video and audio from live broadcasts in your group or channel.
- Admins can start recording from the '…' menu.
- Choose between recording in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Finished recordings are sent to the admin's Saved Messages and can be easily shared.
v 3.0 31.08.21
- Broadcast video and share your screen to an unlimited number of viewers.
- To begin, click on the Live Stream button in the title bar of a community where you are an admin.
- Click on the “Forward Message” label above the input field to change how messages will be sent.
- Hide or show the original sender's name.
- Remove or keep captions from media messages.
- See how many unread comments there are when opening a channel's comments.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Windows x64 Setup
Windows x64 Portable
Mac OS X 10.12+ Setup
Linux 64 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later, macOS 10.12 and later and 64 bit Linux. But there are old versions available:
v2.4.4 Setup for OS X 10.10 and 10.11
v2.4.4 for Linux 32 bit
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9