- Support multiple boosts and reassignment.
- Improve giveaway creation flow.
- Fix crash in topics creation.
- Giveaway phrases and sticker fixes.
- Show quoted part in channel comments.
- Show replies with icons and multiline preview.
- Send correct replies in topics and channel comments.
- In monochrome Windows tray icon use dot instead of counter.
- Fix adding a link to media captions in scheduled / comments.
- Fix crash in link preview options saving.
- Fix possible crash in statistics.
- Highlight quoted parts in jump-to-message from replies.
- Ctrl+Click on message field reply bar to jump to message.
- Fix empty link preview displaying when generation failed.
- Fix external replies in topic groups.
- Allow enabling legacy tray icon on Windows.
- Fix crash in emoji status select.
- Fix crash in language change.
- Suggest shrinking only photos in webpage previews.
- Fix opening video files in webpage previews in-app.
- Fix sending links and markup with customized webpage previews.
- Show “Saved Messages” as a first row when replying in another chat.
- Fix selecting words by double-click with webpage previews.
- Fix delayed webpage preview generation in preview options.
- Add “show-peer-id-below-about” experimental option.
- View full statistics in your channels and group chats.
- Choose which link preview is added to the message.
- Choose if link preview is above or below the text.
- Choose if link preview has large or small image.
- Quote parts of text in replies.
- Add quote formatting.
- Reply in another chat.
- Add nice looking code blocks with syntax highlighting.
- Copy full code block by click on its header.
- Send a highlighted code block using ```language syntax.
- Change your name color in Chat Settings.
- Customize quotes, link previews and replies to your messages.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Windows x64 Setup
Windows x64 Portable
Mac OS X 10.13+ Setup
Linux 64 bit with glibc >= 2.28
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Old system versions
The up-to-date versions of Telegram Desktop support Windows 7 and later, macOS 10.12 and later and 64 bit Linux. But there are old versions available:
v4.9.9 Setup for macOS 10.12
v4.9.9 for Linux with glibc < 2.28
v2.4.4 Setup for OS X 10.10 and 10.11
v2.4.4 for Linux 32 bit
v1.8.15 Setup for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Portable for Windows XP / Vista
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.6 and 10.7
v1.8.15 Setup for OS X 10.8 and 10.9