v 1.8 09.08.19
- Right click the Send button to send any message without sound – in case the recipient is sleeping.
- Enable Slow Mode in Group Permissions to control how frequently members can post.
- Set custom titles for group admins – like ‘Founder’, ‘CFO’ or ‘Spam Fighter’.
- Toggle looped playback for animated stickers in Chat Settings.
- Send a single , , , or to add a mighty animated emoji to the chat.
v 1.7.13 06.07.19
- Send ultra-lightweight high-quality animated stickers to express emotion with motion.
- Receive animated stickers instantly on any connection at just 20-30 KB per sticker.
- Enjoy smooth animations at 60 frames per second.
- Create new animated sets and upload them to @stickers for everybody to use.
- Try out these sample stickers: t.me/addstickers/hotcherry
- Use strikethrough and underline formatting.
v 1.7.9 23.06.19
- You can now add any users to your contacts, even if their phone numbers are not visible.
- Transfer ownership of group chats and channels by granting full rights to another admin. Useful when switching jobs or if you just want to retire as creator.
- Hide archived chats to the main menu.
- See who is online straight from the chat list.
- Use the MacBook Pro TouchBar to apply formatting to selected text, insert emoji, and send stickers.
v 1.7.2 31.05.19
- Choose who can see your phone number with granular precision in Privacy & Security settings.
- Add group chats to “Always/Never Share” exceptions for any privacy setting. Permissions will update as users leave and join the groups.
- Connect a discussion group to your channel, subscribers will see a “Discuss” button.
- Integrate bots seamlessly with web services. For example, see t.me/DiscussThis/2
- Use TouchBar on MacBooks Pro to control music playback and switch between pinned chats.
v 1.7 09.05.19
- Archive any chat from the right-click menu.
- Chats with enabled notifications will pop out of the archive when a notification arrives.
- Muted chats will stay in the archive.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in your archive.
v 1.6.7 13.04.19
- Replace media when editing messages with media content.
- Jump quickly to the top of your chats list.
- Get emoji suggestions for the first word you type in a message.
- Help Telegram improve emoji suggestions in your language using this interface https://translations.telegram.org/en/emoji
v 1.6.2 24.03.19
- Delete any message on both ends in any private chat, anytime.
- Control whether your forwarded messages link back to your account.
- Control who may see your profile picture.
- Enjoy the new streamlined group management screen.
v 1.6 18.03.19
- Play video files and listen to music without waiting for them to fully download.
- Press CTRL+0 (CMD+0 on macOS) to jump to your Saved Messages.
v 1.5.12 09.02.19
- Apply blur effects to backgrounds.
- Use the backgrounds you set in Telegram Desktop in all other Telegram apps.
v 1.5.8 21.01.19
- Global permissions for groups. Restrict all members in any group from posting certain types of content.
- Unified group settings. Make groups public, set admins with granular permissions and toggle persistent history in just a few clicks in any group.
- Choose the emoji set you would like to use in Chat Settings.
- Choose input and output devices for Telegram Calls in Settings > Advanced > Call Settings.
- Support for automatically downloading files and music.
v 1.5.3 23.12.18
- Create polls in groups and channels - right from the chat menu.
v 1.5 10.12.18
- Support for custom languages. Crowdsource a cloud-based language pack for Telegram in any language using our Translations platform - then apply it in real time.
- Interface scaling for large screens, up to 300% (up to 150% for macOS retina screens).
- ‘Count unread messages’ setting for the Badge counter in Settings > Notifications. Disable to show number of unread chats.
- Video messages displayed in shared media (under voice messages).
- Updated emoji. Farewell to question marks!
Also in this update:
- Listen to voice and video messages in 2X mode if you're in a hurry.
- Add a comment when sharing posts from channels.
- View all photos and videos in Twitter and Instagram link previews.
- Add emoji to media captions.
v 1.4 28.09.18
- Fully redesigned Settings section.
- New theme selector in Chat Settings.
- New local storage settings: Control how much disk space is used by the cache and for how long the cached files are stored.
- Improved local caching for images and GIF animations.
- New settings: Peer-to-Peer settings for calls, disable animations for low performance computers.
- Various other improvements.
v 1.3.13 27.08.18
- Export data from individual chats using the ‘…’ menu.
- Added a new night theme.
- You can now assign custom themes as night and day themes to quickly switch between them.
- Support for Telegram Passport 1.1 and improved password hashing algorithm to better protect Telegram Passport data.
v 1.3.10 13.07.18
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
v 1.3.9 28.06.18
- Mark chats in the chat list as Read or Unread.
- Improved censorship circumvention.
v 1.3 01.06.18
- Improved censorship circumvention.
- Improved stability when working through proxy servers.
- Save several proxy servers to quickly switch between them in Settings.
- Use proxy for calls.
- Emoji and text replacement now happens immediately after typing (instead of after sending) and can be rolled back using Backspace or CTRL/CMD + Z. Replacement no longer happens when pasting text.
Added formatting shortcuts. Select text and use:
- CTRL/CMD + B/I for bold and italic
- CTRL/CMD + K to create or edit a custom link
- CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + M for monospace font
- CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + N to clear formatting
v 1.2.14 21.03.18
- Discover new stickers. Type one emoji to see suggestions from popular sticker sets. Suggestions from your installed sticker sets will come first.
- Search for Stickers. Click on the new search icon to access your sticker sets or find new ones.
- Quick Reply. Double click near a message for a quick reply.
v 1.2.6 30.12.17
- Grouped Photos. Group media into an album when sharing multiple photos and videos. Choose the exact order of media you send.
v 1.2 10.12.17
- Radically improved navigation. New side panel on the right with quick access to shared media and group members.
- Saved Messages. Bookmark messages by forwarding them to “Saved Messages”. Access them from the Chats list or from the side menu.
- Pinned Messages. If you are a channel admin, pin messages to focus your subscribers’ attention on important announcements.
- Easily recognize messages from group admins by the new ‘admin’ badge.
- Also supported clearing history in supergroups and added a host of minor improvements.
If you would like to get all updates faster and be the first to test new features, you are welcome to use Telegram Desktop's beta version updates.
The stable version is updated less frequently, but is tested better than the beta version.
Here are the beta version links for different platforms:
Mac OS X 10.8+ Setup
Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 Setup
Linux 64 bit
Linux 32 bit
Just install it on top of your current Telegram Desktop and there you go.
Your feedback is welcome on Twitter